Monday, September 20, 2010

A Good Day

So many thankful thoughts running through my head.

Inspiration hit yesterday afternoon while I was looking through some cookbooks, and I had made breakfast, lunch and dinner all before 9 a.m. this morning.  A crustless quiche for breakfast, split pea soup for lunch, and crock pot beef and vegetables for dinner.

This might sound like bragging.  I'm sorry.  I'm just so proud of myself right now :-)

I was also reminded (in another book) to cut up vegetables in large quantities in advance so they are easy to grab.  Duh!  I like vegetables.  I just don't want to mess with them when I'm hungry.  Now I have a container of celery, carrot and jicama sticks to snack on while I make lunch or eat for a quick snack.  It's funny how this is one snack that no one else wants, so I get them all to myself :-)

I worked out for an hour early this morning with a girlfriend (love you, Dayna!), so I'm happy about that as well.  I have 4 regular work-out dates each week, and I'm so thankful for the consistency.  I need it.

I love homeschooling my kids.  Lighting candles on cozy days.  Talking to my husband on the phone during his lunch hour.

I'm also so thankful for our church.  Devotional with the kids is so easy and fun when I'm being spiritually fed, and it's natural to share with them what I've been learning both on Sunday in Tuesday Bible Study.

Of course, in keeping it real, life is not perfect.  I had to apologize to Abby for being irritable with her right before our devotional time.  Ugh!  That always happens.  I had to call about a parking ticket I got when I was trying to pay for parking downtown but the  machine was broken.  I was frustrated, but thought I was handling it pretty well with the gal on the phone, but she railed into me about how rude I was.  Really???  And my children are still in the process of being sanctified... imagine that!  I look forward to the day when I can take "referee" off my list of duties.

But today is a good day, and I'm feeling blessed by my God who continues to do exceedingly, abundantly beyond all I could ask or imagine!  (Ephesians 3:20)

No comments: