Thought this was a great quote from the book today:
One act of thanksgiving,
when things go wrong with us,
is worth a thousand thanks when things
are agreeable to our inclinations.
Sant John of Avila
But I still like documenting our trip through random thankful thoughts.
80. Holding hands and snorkeling
81. The wonder of another world under the surface of the water
82. Two proud little boys emerging from their room, very early morning, in matching outfits: “We’re all dressed and we packed!”
83. The fun of a new location (moving to a hotel today).
84. My capable, caring husband; packing the car up for me since he was golfing when we moved to the hotel.
85. Ahi Poke from Safeway, all packaged up in the meat department just like chicken or beef, with an expiration date. Only in Hawaii…
86. The scent of plumeria
87. Ceiling fans
88. All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations shall worship before Him. Psalm 22:27
89. After four days in Hawaii, Kat and Cocoa are talking about missing their jeans and Uggs… that’s a little strange, but I’m glad they love living in Oregon!
90. Jack’s new love for Ahi Poke
91. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God forever and ever. Psalm 52:8
92. Today Abby told me she wants to go home. Do you mean back to the hotel? “No, home. I miss doing my kitchen jobs and cleaning my room.” Again, really? But I’m glad she likes her life at home (and cleaning!) :)
93. I always tell Dan he does too much, but I have to love the fact that he pre-programmed my GPS while we were still in Portland for every location I would need while in Hawaii (including Whole Foods).
94. Abby told me her tummy hurt as we got out of the car at the hotel, and threw up in the bushes! I'm so thankful it didn't happen a moment earlier. Poor girl, now she’s worried the bellman is going to recognize her every time we go somewhere in the car. (She’s fine, was just a little carsick.)
95. Seeing friends and meeting new people, all from Portland, but here in Maui for spring break. A party put together on facebook. Thanks, Wooleys!
96. Arbonne “Glow With It” after-sun lotion. Saves me when I’m sunburned.
97. Fresh sheets.
98. Sunsets on the beach.
99. Flower leis.