Though for the first time in many years, I could have stayed on vacation longer. With no babies in the house, it's a lot easier to travel, and I wasn't dying to get back to my normal routine. It made me a little sad to leave beautiful, warm Maui.
It was a huge blessing to wake up Sunday morning and go to church and hear a great sermon on contentment from Philippians 4. It was also much needed
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through Him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:12-13
And the thankful list continues... a few with photos...
124. Bantam rooster in the morning
125. Daffodils, anemones, hyacinths and camellias blooming (and bouquets of them in the house, made by my sweet mother)
126. Not having to think about where the light switches are
127. Jack, willing to wake up before 5 a.m. Hawaii time our first morning back, because he’s so excited to play some basketball
128. Worship, great sermon, and sweet friends at church
129. Lots of sun breaks
130. Birdsong in the morning and frogs at night
131. Everything familiar, especially my bed
132. Cooking (I love the combination of making recipes that call for lots of vegetables and making chicken stock - adding the unusable or less desirable parts to simmer with a chicken carcass. Beautiful color!)
133. Buds about to burst open on the magnolia tree outside my bedroom window (I think of this tree as the “Hope of Spring” as I see it’s big, fuzzy buds all winter long)
134. Clean laundry
135. Teaching Sunday School with Dan
136. Sweet hugs from kids we teach
137. Early work-out with my best friend, laughing, catching up – always a great start to my week
138. Brother buddies
139. Homeschooling moments
140. Logistics working out for tonight’s two baseball practices, one parent meeting, one basketball practice, one gymnastics lesson, one piano lesson and one play rehearsal. Everyone is able to get where they need to go thanks to a third driver in the family and a little help from our friends!